What To Consider Before Becoming a Freelancer
There are many things to Consider Before Becoming a Freelancer. More and more people decide to quit their full-time jobs and turn to Become a Freelancer.
Reasons are multiple. Firstly, there are plenty of success stories out there about how freelancing can bring a better work-life balance and eventually higher income. Secondly, the demand for freelancers is growing so why the opportunity pass?
Like with every big life decision, there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of the possible options. What are the pros and cons of freelancing? And what are the elements one should consider before becoming one?
First of all, freelancing is a style of work. It can but does not necessarily involve remote working. Freelance consultants often do their jobs on-site whereas graphic designers, for example, tend to complete their projects from the comfort of their homes. It is essential to understand that freelancing is a project-based work rather than location-based.
Project-based means that the compensation will be made based on the delivered product and results. The payment will rarely be conculcated on the hours spent on the project. And since one month may bring more clients and hence, plan, than the next one, the income often tends to be irregular. Ask yourself whether you are disciplined enough to save a little one month in case the future isn’t very fruitful? Or do you usually live from one paycheck to the next?
Work from home (Becoming a Freelancer)
As already mentioned, the freelance is not location-based. Nevertheless, you will have enough freedom to choose from where you would live to work.
The idea of working from home sounds potentially like a dream come true. However, there are, again, a few things you should consider before deciding to go for it.
Will your home environment allow you to operate from there? Do you live alone or with a family or a roommate? Is there a sufficient amount of time during the day when you can focus without someone distracting you? How about your discipline? Are you able to be productive or is there a risk of the TV taking away your attention?
Except asking yourself the above questions, think about where exactly you are going to do your job. Is there any space in your house you could dedicate to work and work only? It doesn’t necessarily need to be a special desk but, perhaps, one end of the dining table? Most importantly, no matter how tempting it might be, do not complete your projects from your bed or sofa. Doing that will disturb the balance and eventually can negatively influence your concentration as well as sleeping.
Bonus Passive Income Ideas
You can create your own business. There is much more business you can search out on the internet and make them living your dream as own boss. Here I provide 121 Ways To Make Money Online.
Step No. 1 (Investment)
- You can quickly create a website in a day and have it published to the world. You can make money in several different ways with websites. Thanks to sites like WordPress and Wix because they made extremely easy for peoples to create the websites.
- Blogging is popular because it works as makes money but it is more difficult to make money online. Many people are still confused over what constitutes a blog over a website.
- Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways to make money from your website or blog. Find a product you like; you promote it to your website visitors and email subscribers. If the product like by people, they’ll click on your affiliate link, purchasing the product.
- If you already have a high traffic website, lots of friends and fans in your social media accounts, then you can earn the right income. You have to link shorten and share with friends, social media or other things and if anyone clicks you make money. It is straightforward.
Make Money Guides
Step No. 2 (No Investment)
- Peoples who love photography make money online via selling their pictures. You can take creative photos that people like to buy.
- There is a massive market for language learners. They are here to learning something new, for career development or travel experience. So, you love to teach then this job suitable.
- I have been going money to survey websites for quite some time now. During this time, I’ve realised that making money online with surveys is one of the easiest ways to earn extra cash while just watching television, checking mobile at home. Here you can check out List Of 101 Free Survey Sites To Make Money Online.
- Legitimate Ptc Sites: They called it paid to click sites. You will be getting paid to click advertisement via their website. This medium is the easiest way to make money online at home without investment. Here you can Make cash with Legitimate PTC sites.
- In your smartphone, either Android or IOS you can make money via upload and sell pictures. It is not as easy as it seems to earn money form this. You are love using in taking pictures and a couple of good photos, then sure you can upload those to sell.
Natalia Raben is a business and design student taking care of content marketing at a design agency DesignBro. Lover of photography and the arts.
When you come back here, I will be waiting for you in the comments!
Like this post (Becoming a Freelancer)? Don’t forget to share it.